Electronic VNT and LDA control for mechanically governed diesel enginesBack to main page
Here is simple version of board build top of ProtoShield. It does not have LCD module, Temp#2 sensor circuit and FET for temperature related fan control. If you want those, just implement them as circuits above (LCD does not need any circuit, just connect pins to LCD module).
- I used 7806 6v regulator for power supply for Arduino board (not shown in picture). You may use 7808/7809 (8v/9v) to suit better arduino input voltage specs.
- Use IRLZ24N or IRLZ44N as FET. Others may work fine too.
- Default temp calibration map works for R1=800ohm & Bosch 1-wire M10x1 temp sensor (if you are using 2-wire sensors, connect the 2. wire to ground).
- RPM sensor is Honeywell GT101DC
- You can add more FET's if you like, for example water injection control pump (software modification is needed - or if you do not plan to use LDA control, it's control map can be used for water injection too)
Finished board with 3 FETs, onboard 7806 regulator and LCD cable.
- External LCD info display
- 3xFET (outputs), 2xTemp sensor inputs, LCD cable, 7806 regulator build on prototype board
- You could use ready to use PWM shield instead welding fets to protoboard by yourself