Dmn's Electronic Diesel Control
Custom ECU for diesel engines with Bosch VP37 pumps
Thanks to everyone who donated!
- Makes TDI engine conversions simple
- Uses existing sensors
- Fully configurable to match engine / turbo setup
- VNT turbo control
- Auxiliary maps custom functions (like dual turbo changeover map, fans, etc.)
- Affordable hardware
- Live configuration over USB
- Should also work with inline pumps (MB diesel engines)
- Current status: works fine - used with daily driven car.
Hardware & Software
CPU for ecu is Arduino Mega, 8bit 16MHz microcontroller using AVR chip. Software can be uploaded to the board using Arduino IDE on Mac, Linux or Windows. Configuration is done with text-based interface using serial connection over USB port.
Hardware schematics is released soon when PCB design is finished.
Download source code for Release-6 (2013-11-26) from here.
Functionality implemented so far:
- Integrated control map editor
- Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) memory
- Fuel Map (RPM vs. TPS)
- Boost map (MAP vs RPM)
- Torque limiter map (MAP vs RPM)
- VNT / WG control map (IQ vs RPM)
- Pump advance map (IQ vs RPM)
- Cold start and idle map (RPM vs. Temperature)
Functionality needs to be implemented soon:
- PID based idle stabilization
- EGT sensor support
- Fuel trim maps for compensation intake air temp or fuel temp
- HDK actuator support
- Cruise control
- Traction control
- Better EEPROM structure
- Your ideas ?
Test drive with car and improved design (2013)
Test engine installation (2012)
Configuration interface screen capturesConnected to DMN-EDC over serial connection from laptop. Showing: Main menu, Fault memory, Adaptation/Configuration and Map Editor.